Robdog Snoopcat's Blog

Friday, December 16, 2005

America You Made Me Smile Today


Just thought I'd shared a little tidbit that
happened today.

I was on my way to deliver a sizable number
of stereos, cd players, dvd players, basketballs,
and footballs to Toy's for Tots. Woke up this
morning and listened to a U.S. Marine ask for
assistance in meeting their goals for the
age group 10-12. They were real short.

The armed forces do so much for us that I
couldn't let the day go by without pitching in
especially with business having been so strong this
year.

What really made my day was that the parking
lot in front of the warehouse for Toys for Tots
was just full of people. Most of these folks
got out of cars that were on their last leg,
dressed in grubby clothes, and hassling with their
children.

Yet, each of them had their hands full of toys
for those they felt were less fortunate than
themselves.

I would have pegged many of these folks as
being on the receiving end rather than the
giving. I had always been taught not to
judge people by the money they have, the
homes they live in, or the cars they drive.
It is how one lives their life that counts.

Today, I received a reminder of just who
Americans really are...

And it made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home