Robdog Snoopcat's Blog

Friday, April 14, 2006

Spring Unveils Mobile Child Locator Service


It is about damn time. I've been inquiring
about buying products like this from various
companies or writing my own in .NET if the
device supported it for 5 years now. In
the form of a wrist watch or a necklace
would be great.

Not only do I want devices like this to tell
me where my kid is, I want them to have a panic
button. This included with a way for me to
view the map "quickly" on my spring pda phone
would be priceless.

The way things ought to be...

Kid gets scared or is in trouble, kid hits
the button, dad gets an alert and simultaneously
the device displays the map with dad and
kid's location highlighted, dad grabs the gun,
dad hits the road, dad finds the kid, and dad
solves/kills the problem.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1949258,00.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home