Robdog Snoopcat's Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pizza Patron to accept Pesos as payment in Dallas, TX



Yep, you read the title correctly.  Pizza Patron,
a pizza place based in Dallas, TX, is
going to accept pesos as currency.

Naturally, the restaurant caters to the
latin folks.  Some of the anti-immigrant
radio and tv show hosts have been
ranting about this for a couple of days.

I, myself, also have a hot button
on this whole illegal immigration thing.
However, my take of this business
of accepting pesos is a little different
from my brethren.

To me, this is just a capitalist
enterprise trying to meet a consumer
need.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

I only have one real concern with
this whole idea.  Counterfeiting...

I suspect that if the "pesos
for my pizza" craze takes hold, these
businesses take on a greater risk
of loosing money when their exchange
is denied because some exchange company
determines x number of pesos are counterfeit.

Most of these businesses are small enough
that this could become a real problem for them.

That said, if the illegals want to spend their
pesos here versus Mexico, fine by me...

3 Comments:

  • I think the businesses are mindful that they might get fake peso bills, but that's their choice.

    I don't actually know what the big deal is. I've been to US military bases overseas that accept US$ and the local currency and have been to other countries that accept multiple currencies.

    It's just business.

    It's not like they're wiping their butts with the US Constitution.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • you sound like a colombian banker who use to say that drug dealers were bad and ugly but if they wanted to put their money in his bank they were very welcome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • From everything I've read, the owners of this restaurant are law abiding citizens. I fail to see a reasonable comparison.

    By Blogger Robbe Morris, at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home